Seasonal Butternut Squash Soup
Hey hey diva friends!
Just because I'm currently on a hiatus from winter squash, doesn't mean YOU should suffer. I LOVE the flavor of butternut squash! So sweet and savory at the same time!
This soup is so tasty and nutritious. A good soup does wonders for the body and soul. Soups offer a certain comfort that other foods lack. They’re also a vehicle for nutrient dense ingredients!
Butternut squash is an excellent source of vitamin A and one of the healthiest starches you can get. It’s got a gentle sweetness to it which pairs well with a bold curry flavors and embraces the sweetness of apple. Apple and butternut squash naturally compliment each other. They’re harvested at the same time of year, they’re both high in fiber. When Fall comes around this is one of the first soups I whip up. It’s become a staple in my house and I hope you’ll enjoy it just as much.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil or coconut oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 1 lb butternut squash, cut into cubes
- 3 granny smith apples, cut into cubes
- 1 litre homemade chicken stock
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp thyme
- Heat oil in a large pot, add onions and garlic and simmer until golden. Add curry powder, salt, butternut squash and apple chunks and cover with chicken stock. Allow to simmer for about 30 minutes until butternut squash is soft. Use an immersion blender or add to your blender in batches to create a smooth creamy consistency, enjoy!
- Add all ingredients to your blender and process until super smooth.
If you’re seriously interested in getting healthy, restoring your digestion and boosting your energy then check out my new comprehensive program Get Gutsy With Me.In the program you get a ton of delicious satisfying recipes as well as strategies that will help rebuild your intestinal flora, plus support, fun, and coaching from me!
If you haven't joined already, don't miss all the fun in my free online Facebook Community "Stop Dieting and Live your Life" where I share tips, videos and more!
What's your favorite soup recipe or fall favorite? Comment below!
Bye for now!