Easy "Cheesy" Broccoli Soup!
Hi there friends, if you don't know by now, I am all about fast and easy when it comes to food. While I expect my food to be high quality in both taste and nutrition, I don't want to slave away in the kitchen. That being said I came across this recipe, tweaked it, and wanted to share it with you!
- 1-2 heads of broccoli
- 4oz of mushrooms sliced
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups roasted and salted cashews
- 1TBS grass-fed butter
- 1 onion chopped
- Fresh garlic chopped - 3cloves ( or to taste)
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- 1-2 tsp turmeric
- himalayan sea salt
- squirt of brown mustard
- dash of lemon juice
- Cut the broccoli into florets and steam unit desired texture
- Meanwhile, blend the chicken broth, cashews, turmeric, mustard and lemon juice together until creamy. This is your "cheese" sauce! Add extra spices if desired.
- Heat up a skillet and melt the butter. Add the onions, mushrooms, fresh garlic and simmer until onions are translucent.
- Pour the "cheese" sauce into the skillet. Add the cooked broccoli. Add garlic powder, onion powder, and himalayan sea salt to taste.
- Heat through and Enjoy!
Make this your own! Throw in extra veggies, or even some shredded chicken! Post below if you try this - I'd love to hear about it! :)