Easy Paleo Spaghetti
Happy Monday!!!! Sooooo who doesn't LOVE spaghetti? I think it's one of the top recipes that people dread giving up when they look into eating healthy, trying Whole30, going gluten-free or living the paleo lifestyle. But lucky YOU I'm here to tell you you don't need to suffer.... there are several different ways I make this dish now and I don't miss the "original"! Here's just one version that I think you might enjoy :)
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef or bison
- 1 Jar organic spaghetti sauce with no sugar added. Read the individual labels or check out the brand I used below!
- Zoodles (spiraled zucchini and/or squash)
*I used premade noodles from Whole Foods. If you have a spiralizer, you can get a few zucchini and squash and make the noodles yourself.
1. Heat up the zoodles with some coconut oil until tender
2. Meanwhile, in a separate pan brown the beef.
3. When the zoodles are done, strain them in the sink and use that pan to heat up the spaghetti sauce.
4. Chop up the mushrooms and add them into the sauce.
5. Add the meat to the sauce, heat through, and serve on top of the zoodles!
Be as creative as you want with this! dd your favorite spices, make your own meatballs, go crazy! I think next time I will cook the noodles in olive oil and fresh garlic to add some extra flavor!