Easy Peach Pie
Hey hey Diva friends!!
WHEW!!! There has been SO MUCH happening these past few weeks.... I just needed some pie. Anyone with me? Sometimes a girl just needs some pie!
Turns out, last year, my Mom went to the Peach Truck and got a TON of peaches....We weren't able to use them fast enough so we have had several bags of frozen peaches in our freezer just begging to be used. (yesterday they were screaming Kylene!!! Turn me into a pie!! turn me into a pie!!!) So, I had the bright idea to see if all my practice of following recipes has paid off by attempting my own pie recipe from scratch!
Turns out, I'm not too shabby a cook...or dare I say...chef?! Ok, Ok, I won't go that far. But side note, I plan to make the crust into cookies someday too because I liked it that much!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 6-8 large pitted medjool dates
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 2TBS maple syrup
Directions for Crust:
- Heat oven 350. Grease your pie pan.
- In a food processor blend 2 eggs with the dates. You'll probably still have some date chunks and that's ok.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and pulse until dough ball begins to form.
- Place the dough into the pie pan and press it evenly across.
- Here is where you may need to do some personalization. Bake for 8-15minutes. I used a stone pie pan and cooked it for about 15 minutes. I would keep an eye on it because your goal isn't to cook it through, just to begin the baking process. Set aside.
I had Frozen peaches and from past experience they get really watery, so this process is a little awkward and I would recommend making this with FRESH fruit. Because of that,I'm including 2 options:
- Aprox 2 cups frozen peaches mostly thawed and drained
- 2TBS coconut sugar
- 2TBS coconut flour
- Honey (optional - to taste)
- Place the peaches in an oven safe dish. Bake at 350 until they thaw completely
- Drain the peaches and mix with the rest of the filling ingredients
- Place them in the prepared pie crust ad bake until bubbly and the crust has begun to brown.
Fresh Fruit Filling:
- 3-4 perfectly ripe peaches sliced
- Sprinkle with honey and coconut sugar for desired sweetness
- Toss with 1TBS coconut flour and place in prepared pie crust
- Cook until bubble and crust begins to brown
Don't forget to sign up for TheTinyFitDiva weekly newsletter where you'll receive tips, freebies, recipes and more! Sign up for TheTinyFitDiva weekly newsletter here!